GET A HAIRCUT AND HELP SAVE THE PLANET _
Chameleon Hair now recycles 95% of its waste by using the comprehensive resource recovery program offered by Sustainable Salons.
“We are committed to sustainable growth that encourages social responsibility and respect for the planet. This simple initiative can make all the difference to what was once landfill waste become a future resource”, says Jane, owner of Chameleon Hair.
The team at Chameleon Hair love that all proceeds from recycling are donated to OzHarvest and KiwiHarest to fund meals for disadvantaged people – more than 2,000 meals are donated every month! Collected ponytails are redirected to organisations to provide wigs for those suffering from alopecia or cancer, while cut hair is made into Hair Booms (centre photo) used in oil-spill clean-up operations.
· Sustainable Salons provides Chameleon Hair separation bins to suit our recycling needs and has a fortnightly collection service.
· Plastic packaging is sent to specialist local plastics recyclers where it’s cleaned and made into outdoor furniture and new product packaging, keeping it in circulation and out of our oceans!
· All aluminium, foil, colour tubes, cardboard, paper, magazines, razor blades, unwanted tools and select disposables are sold for recycling, and the proceeds are donated to OzHarvest and KiwiHarvest to provide meals for hungry people. A full head of foils provides a quarter of a meal to someone in need!
· Hair clippings are collected from Chameleon hair’s floor and stuffed into stockings to make Hair Booms that will help clean up oil spills along our coastlines!
· All collected ponytails 20cm or longer are distributed to charitable organisations to create wigs for those suffering from cancer or alopecia.
· Sustainable Salons is the first company to recycle excess chemicals in the salon industry. These are sent to chemical recycling plants where they’re neutralised and turned into recycled water used in roadworks and construction.